Well, it's official - we made it to Fourth Quarter! We are in the last quarter of the school year, but it is not a time to relax and "take it easy" - just the opposite! We want to work hard, stay focused, and finish strong.
Things to look forward to this quarter:
- Terra Nova Testing (next week!): Scholarships are awarded for students who have high scores on this test! Sleep well, eat a healthy breakfast, and work hard!
- Career Day: Featuring guest speakers, all of whom are PSM Alumni!
- March Madness Basketball Tournament: You know this is Ms. Michalak's favorite time of year and for some of you, the focus of a project in your math class!
- The Easter Assembly: Presented by the Middle School! (Thursday, April 1st @ 8am)
- Spring Break :)
- School Picnic Day!
- 8th Grade Graduation
.... on a content-based note:
- We'll be studying Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome - and learning about mythology of the gods and goddesses!
- Get ready for Westward Expansion (We're ready for the Oregon Trail!), and the build up and eventual fighting of the Civil War
- The Cold War, Korean War, Vietnam War ... along with the American Dream of the 1950's, the Civil Rights Movement and the Counter Culture of the 60s and 70s, and taking a look at our recent presidents. (And some pretty awesome music along the way).
As always, if you have any questions - post them here, email me, or see me at school. I'm excited for 4th quarter and I hope you are too!