LOTS of things to tell you this week: Halloween, homework assignments, extra credit opportunities, Honors Assembly, Parent Teacher conferences ... check it all out:
Happy Halloween weekend! I hope you have a great weekend, and please stay safe :)
6th Social Studies:- "I Love My Mummy" Project is due Monday
- (5pts for set up: proper heading, mummy outline. 10pts for design: hand drawn, in color, no pencil showing, done neatly. 10pts for explanation: 5pts describing your symbols of Ancient Egypt, and 5pts for describing why those things were important in Ancient Egypt)
7th Social Studies:- Research Web about your colony AND the works cited page due MONDAY
- Email me if you have any questions/need clarification!
... 6th and 7th graders, please focus on your projects this weekend. You will have an extra credit opportunity next week!
8th Social Studies:- 19.4 notes due on Monday
- Extra Credit:
- Go to www.classzone.com, Ch 19, "Chapter Links"
- Choose an event from Ch 19, Sections 1-3, and using the links provided on the page listed above, summarize the event in the 5W + H format. (Write one sentence each for: who it involved, what happened, where it happened, when it happened, why it happened, and how it happened.)
African American Studies:
- Vocabulary Quiz on Monday: Terms from Reconstruction to 1920- Cornell Notes: Pgs 435-442 (due on Tuesday)
The Honors Assembly for Quarter 1 Honors will be next Tuesday, November 2nd at 8am. Please feel free to invite your parents - especially if you are on the honor roll!
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
Conferences are NEXT Friday, November 5th from 11am - 2pm, and 4pm-7pm. Please remind your parents about these and make sure to tell them if you are going to have any mandatory conferences - if you have more than one, your parent needs to be at school at least an hour before closing time.
Have a GREAT weekend everyone - and as always, GO STATE! Michigan State is looking to go 9-0 this weekend against Iowa!