Sunday, December 19, 2010

Winter Break Extra Credit

Hello happy middle schoolers!

I hope you're enjoying your break. Several of you expressed an interest in working on an extra credit assignment over break -- so here is your opportunity.  There is a writing contest for students and the question/prompt is:
 
“How does technology make the world a better place?”

 If you are interested in extra credit/participating in this contest, you need to write an answer to that question in 100 words or less (Yes! 100 or LESS!). You need to type your response and email it to me - everyone who emails me an answer by January 2nd can earn up to 12 extra credit points. Once I have all of the entries, I will select the best 3 and enter them in the contest (that is a requirement of the contest people - essays can only be entered by teachers, and I can only enter 3). If your response is chosen as one of the top three, you will earn an extra 5 points.

If you have any questions, check out the contest information page here: http://tweentribune.com/essay or email me.  I highly recommend following the entire writing process that you practice in Language Arts class - and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment