Saturday, January 8, 2011

Last chance for this extra credit option!

ALL of my students - Middle or High School - can use this as an extra credit opportunity, but your entries MUST be emailed to me by 5pm TODAY (Saturday, January 8th).

This is a writing contest, but your entry can only be 100 words - no more! The question is
“How does technology make the world a better place?”


Check out some examples of clear, effective, but short writing here:
http://tweentribune.com/100words

To enter / complete this extra credit, you should answer that question (in your own words - don't steal anyone else's idea!) in 100 words or less and email it to me today. Don't enter it on the contest website, I'll take care of that ...

I've gotten many submissions, and they are good writing, but so far none of them are SUPER creative ... they're well done, but not yet standing out far above the rest. So take a look at the website and get your creative writing ideas flowing!

Other Homework:
6th Grade: 8.3 notes
7th Grade: 8.3 notes
8th Grade: Chapter 22 Review, Pg 714 #9-15 ODD.  Study for Tuesday's test!
AAS: Chapter 1questions # 1-5 (on looseleaf)

I'm here for Saturday Tutoring until noon ... come see me in the computer lab or email me if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment